Total Pageviews

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Conclusion of the Valparaiso Adventure...

Okay, so back to our last night and morning in Chile.

Basically, we got home after midnight, parked the car in an underground garage for the night, headed home, packed and showered because we had to get up early to get the car, drive to the airport and return the rental before checking in for our flight.

We woke up this morning and we were pretty much ready to go.  I just had to go get the car from the underground parking, pay the charge, make my way through traffic and one-way streets in Santiago to get to our apartment where Mary was waiting with our luggage.  I walked over and realized that the drive back was going to be tricky...but I had my GPS...

First thing!  I have to pay $5,000 pesos for the parking.  I have $3,000 in bills and a lot of change for a grand total of approximately $3,800 pesos.  This is all the money that Mary and I have left.  The parking garage machine will not take credit cards.  I have out all of my money into the machine.  I have no idea what I am going to do.  All I know is that I have to get this car out of the garage soon and we have a flight to catch!  I ran around the garage asking people for money.  Each one gave me what they could.  I was amazed at how nice everyone was and it actually turned out well.  I made it out.  Thanks to the people of Santiago, Chile for helping us out like that! I don't know if the same thing would have happened in a parking garage in Canada. We will pay it forward!  Of course, the GPS wouldn't work...  So I got lucky and figured out the route to get to the apartment.  Yay!  We packed the car and headed off.  Smooth sailing from there.

We checked in, sat in the lounge for a while and got on our flight.  A little bit relieved to be heading to Argentina.  We realize now that a jetlagged visit to a country is not at all the way to do it.

After a very short 2-hour flight, we landed in Buenos Aires! 

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment