Total Pageviews

Monday, February 22, 2010

Colonia - Uruguay
















Today we had to get up at 6 am to catch a ferry to Colonia, Uruguay. We managed it and had a great day there - it is a beautiful little old town with lots of beautiful buildings. We rented a golf cart and drove around to see the beaches and an old abandoned bullring and other really cool things. And then...it started raining...again...a lot... We ended up in a downpour once again, and the risk of another flood - our third. It all actually turned out okay because we had seen all that we wanted to see and were just about to head back to the ferry terminal.

Anyway, we grabbed a taxi and headed back to Palermo so that we could get some dinner. That's when it happened. I was the victim of the scam that everyone warned us about and both Ann and I realized that it was happening, but there was nothing we could do. The taxi driver gave me 5 fake 10 peso bills as change. They are the most ridiculous fakes. I hate being taken advantage of. But after all, I did manage to keep my camera that pickpockets tried to steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment