Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Florida pickpockets!




We were strolling along Florida - a pedestrian shopping area - when I felt someone tugging at my purse. I quickly turned around and there were two girls right behind us trying to look very innocent. They realized that we had caught them and they didn't manage to get the camera out of the pocket (thankfully!) so they left and went the other way. The purse above is the evidence, and the reason not to have your purse hanging behind you, or to have easily accessible things in the zippered pockets in areas of high petty crime and pickpockets. We decided to stop and have a glass of wine and rest (see wine above).
SO, as we sat there just relaxing and watching the shoppers walk by, I witnessed the same two girls succesfully grab something from another girl's backpack outer zipper. I ran over to the girl and her two friends to tell her she had been pickpocketed and sent her after the girls. She actually managed to catch them, get her wallet back and then demanded the money that had been in it! It was amazing- and I felt vindicated!
Quite an interesting afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jane. This is an amazing story - especially because it ends on a happy note!

    Love this blogging. I feel like I am there with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane - have you learned NOTHING from your South American brother-in-law? Actually...I guess you did, considering you nabbed the pick-pockets and held on to your gear! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete