Total Pageviews

Monday, February 22, 2010

Futbol - Racing vs. San Lorenzo!











Well Ann and I have been very busy the past few days doing amazing things here.

First, and foremost we went to a futbol game! Two of the top five teams in Argentina - Racing Club and San Lorenzo - and Racing won! That was the team that we were rooting for! My brother-in-law Francisco's uncle Alejandro lives just outside of Buenos Aires and so does his son Miguel. They are both card-carrying associates of the Racing Club. They managed to get Ann and I tickets and then picked us up and took us to the game on Saturday. I can't even explain how amazing and fun and exciting it was! First of all to see Argentina through the eyes of some people who live here, who are also part of my extended family, and to go to a real futbol game! Wow. And to top it all off they won. I only wish that Fran could have been there... Your uncle Alex loves and misses you all very much and hopes you can someday come out for a visit! We are so grateful that Alex came all the way to Buenos Aires and arranged it all for us - it was the highlight of the trip!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I can't wait to read this to Fran. I am so glad you guys have had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mY GOd!!! I could not see the pictures earlier!!! Uncle Alex! Fran is in tears.

    Thank you Jane. You are the best. We all love you so much.

    Safe travels home.......with your husband????

    ReplyDelete